Arizona Teachers Academy
- Application responses cannot be saved and then submitted at a later date. For example, applicants who close or refresh their browser window/tab before submitting their application will be required to complete the entire application again.
- Read through the application’s introduction. It is important that you understand the general terms of the scholarship before applying.
- Application Deadlines
- Students expecting to be in an ATA-eligible teacher certification program in Spring 2021 are encouraged to submit their ATA Scholarship application by Sunday, November 29, 2020. Applicants should expect to be notified of the selection committee's decision by late December 2020. **Please note that funding for this semester is limited, which may result in applicants being considered for Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 instead.
- Applications for Summer 2021 will open early Fall 2020.
- Applications for Fall 2021 will open late Fall 2020.
- Please have the following documents ready to upload to the application form. PDF copies only.
- Your resume. Emphasize any experience, paid or unpaid, related to education, working with young people, community involvement, etc.
- A brief statement of 1-2 paragraphs describing your plans/goals as an Arizona teacher following completion of your teacher certification program.
- A brief statement of 1-2 paragraphs describing how this scholarship will help you complete your teacher certification program.
- Prior to receiving your ATA funding, you must complete your Free Application for Student (FAFSA) for the semester you are applying to the ATA Scholarship. Otherwise, there may be delays in disbursing the award to your account.
- Applicants forfeit their scholarship eligibility if they knowingly provide any false or misleading information on their ATA Scholarship application.
- For additional questions about the ATA Scholarship itself, please contact us by email.