Arizona Educators Exam

National Evaluation Series (NES)

To become certified to teach in Arizona, prospective teachers must take the appropriate exams as outlined by the Arizona Department of Education Certificate Requirements.

Requirements may change, so please check the ADE website regularly.

To learn more about the exams and to register to take these exams, please go to the NES website. If you need to take the Arizona Classroom Teacher Spanish Proficiency Exam (Examen de Habilidad en Español Pédagógico) for the Bilingual endorsement, please click here.

To learn what exams you need to take to transfer your Arizona certification to other states, you will need to contact each state's Department of Education or Teacher Credentialing Office for more information.