Travel Awards

Graduate students enrolled part-time or full time in College of Education majors are eligible for travel funds to participate in professional conferences during each fiscal year (July 1-June 30). A maximum of $450 per student per year is available, and, if possible, application materials should be submitted PRIOR to the conference. You will receive the award in the form of a reimbursement after you have completed travel. Original receipts are required and must be submitted to the department personnel.

Eligible activities include participation at an international, national, or regional conference/symposium/seminar in which you present one of the following:

  • Paper presentation
  • Poster presentation
  • New media presentation

Other forms of participation will not be accepted.

Submit a GSTA application, an abstract, and verification of acceptance of your participation from the sponsoring association. Applications and accompanying materials may be submitted online or to Rachel Barton, Education 201. If verification of acceptance has not been received, it may be submitted after the deadline.

Applications are reviewed periodically, and applicants are notified by email as soon as funds are allocated.

If you are awarded a GSTA, you must do the following to claim your award (travel reimbursement):

  1. Complete an ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION FORM before the trip. Request assistance from your Department personnel to ensure that the form is correctly completed. Attach a copy of your award letter and documentation of your participation (letter or email of invitation or a conference program).
  2. WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS OF RETURNING FROM THE CONFERENCE, submit all receipts and documents verifying your attendance at the conference to your department personnel for processing. You will be reimbursed within 21 business days.  NOTE:  At the discretion of the Office of the Dean, any receipts submitted 90 days after travel expense is incurred may not be accepted for reimbursement and may result in the withdrawal of your travel award.  In addition, University policy states that reimbursements after 90 days are subject to taxable income.

For other graduate student travel funding opportunities outside the college, please visit the GPSC Travel Grants page.