Undergraduate Student Internships
connect ◦ inspire ◦ lead
Are you currently building your leadership skills in a local internship as an education major? Read on to see how stellar interns are awarded this prestigious Lindsey Award. Next intern start date –Spring 2020
Undergraduate interns are invited to apply based on the following criteria:
- The intern must be recommended by Dr. Crystal Soltero, the program director.
- The intern must be enrolled full-time in a degree program at the UA College of Education, have a Junior or Senior class standing and indicate an interest and dedication to a career in education.
- Must be currently participating in an internship in the community (preference given to off-campus internships).
- The intern must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or better.
- There is a preference for students with financial need
- Students must have daytime schedule flexibility to accommodate a semester’s work activities, and adequate transportation to successfully complete 100-135 hours of work per semester.
Invitations for this award are based on a referral from the director of your internship program. Invitations are sent via email, and a quick appointment is required to confirm the nomination. The Awarded Interns are not classroom aides and should not be requested as classroom assistants. The award invites interns to learn through an experience in informal education, outside of the classroom experience. They can intern in education-related offices, outreach programs, learning centers/programs at the school or district level, museums, evaluation agencies, or other school collaborative projects.
Funding for undergraduate student interns is $1,000. per semester. (Awarded during the current internship semester.)
Undergraduate students can be recognized as Paul Lindsey Interns for one semester only.
♦ INTERNATIONAL Student Applicants. Additional requirements and course registrations are required. Contact Mary Werner for more information.
SELECTION PROCESS PROCEDURES
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL, BASED ON A RECOMMENDATION BY DR. CRYSTAL SOLTERO, PROGRAM DIRECTOR.
- STUDENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURING A LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM THEIR INTERNSHIP HOST.
- STUDENT WILL SET UP A 10-MINUTE MEETING WITH MARY WERNER TO LEARN ABOUT THE AWARD.
Additional Forms for Awarded Interns: Once awarded, an intern is asked to submit a short reflection and photos later in the semester.
Mary Werner, Outreach coordinator