The School Psychology program prides itself on having a diverse student body. Thus, we encourage applications from individuals of diverse cultural, ethnic, and linguistic background and sexual identity status. Additionally, we encourage applications from individuals across the spectrum in terms of their socioeconomic status, geographic residence, religious affiliation, family constellation, and social/political background.
The Ph.D. program normally accepts about seven students per year. The deadline for submitting applications is December 1. It normally takes about six weeks to complete a comprehensive review of applications because the program typically receives between 45 to 65 applications per year. Selected applicants will be invited for on-campus interviews that will be held in mid-January. Following a review of applications, the program director will email students regarding the status of their application, to coordinate interviews, or to answer any questions that prospective students may have.
The following is a list of requirements for the program:
- A graduate college application
- Transcripts of all previous coursework
- Scores on the GRE (includes Verbal, Quantitative, & Writing sections) and TOEFL(when appropriate)
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals who can adequately address your ability to be a successful graduate student and professional
- A resume or curriculum vita that summarizes your educational and employment history and any relevant professional accomplishments (including publications, presentations, honors, awards, and other significant activities)
- A personal statement. Learn more.