Arizona Teachers Academy
- This current application round for the Arizona Teachers Academy (ATA) Scholarship will fund applicants starting their teacher certification program in either Spring 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020.
- Review this list of University of Arizona teacher certification programs participating in the ATA Scholarship and contact the program directly for any questions about its specific selection processes, application requirements, important dates, etc. Note: the ATA Scholarship is a funding source, not a teacher certification program, and will only be awarded upon acceptance into an ATA-eligible teacher certification program.
- ATA Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need, merit, standing, and residency. However, applicants who (a) are Arizona residents, and (b) have junior-, senior-, or graduate-level standing at the start of their certification program, are strongly preferred.
- Applicants to an undergraduate program who are currently enrolled at the University of Arizona are considered state residents if they pay resident tuition. However, undergraduate transfer students and incoming graduate students may have to verify their residency status with the university by completing a Domicile Affidavit. For more information, please contact the Residency Classification Office at 520-621-3636, by email or by visiting their website.
- For additional questions about the ATA Scholarship itself, please contact us by email.